Arts & Crafts Lesson: Making Masks
The Children’s Animal of Your Heart CD is available upon request.
- Blank half masks.
- Paints, animal patterned material or paper, wool, string, feathers, Glue.
- Get the children very comfortable. Lying on a carpeted floor is preferable.
- Ask them to close their eyes & listen to the “Animal of Your Heart” Children’s visualisation.
- At the end gently bring their attention back to the classroom.
- Ask them to get up and jump and shake the energy back into their bodies.
- The teacher tells the students what animal s/he found and then writes it on the board. “The Animal of My Heart is a ….”
- Reassure any child who didn’t see an animal that they can copy yours.
- Then ask what animals the students found.
- Ask the children to take a mask and start to paint or stick materials to them to create masks of their animals.
- Once the mask is finished they can go on to make claws & paws of the Animal of Their Heart.